Friday, June 25, 2010

Hamilton CapTel

I've been hearing about this iPhone App called Hamilton CapTel. This is basically a real-time captioning application for your telephone conversations. You download the app, set up an account, and enter the number you want dialed. The operator on the other end calls you, and calls the number you wanted. The person you want to talk to is then connected to your cell phone so you can talk directly to each other, but the operator will caption what that person is saying. I tried it out tonite with Jason, it's pretty cool. The captioning is delayed which you must expect. However, it's really nice to have that support if you feel you miss a word because the captioning is there. I think I "may" use it if only I felt comfortable telling the person I was using CapTel and that they would have to be patient with me. It's a great app though to have. Here is an article a friend sent to me about this exact application (Thanks Nic!) Hamilton Captel

This is the opening screen shot of the application, you can see the website below and find out more info...
This next screen shot is when I called Jason asking him if he wanted to watch "The Bachelorette" with me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment