Saturday, May 1, 2010

Its been a month!

Today, without almost realizing it, marks the one month since I have had my second surgery on April 1st. Isn't that amazing that a month has already passed since that surgery? The new and old ears keep surprising me. The new ear makes the old ear want to hear more. I have been increasing my sensitivity and volume just so that I can feel more "full" with sound. While the old ear wants to hear more, so does the new ear. We actually brought down some of the loudness with the new ear with recent programming, so that the new ear didn't overpower the old ear. I actually miss that loudness. I am going to wait until my mapping in the middle of May, and hopefully gain that back! However, everything is going swimmingly well!

A few surprises this week:
1. I was at work and was sitting at the test booth with the door open, I heard one of the medical staff assistants (MSA) tell the ENT doctor that another MSA would be out. I couldn't believe I was able to eavesdrop! Eavesdropping is not easy! That is relying on auditory cues alone! I was impressed with myself!
2. I can hear the refrigerator make ice from the living room! It makes a very subtle tick tock sound and then pops out an ice cube! A dear friend of mine was over when I noticed this. She was also amazed that I was hearing such a faint sound.


So here are the shots on May 1st and April 14th of me head on. You can see the ear on the right side of the photo (my left ear) is now closer to my head (thankfully!). Also you will see three sets of photos of the healing process, from April 6, April 14, and May 1st of my incision.

What a wonderful month! Thank you to everyone who has been a part of it! Your support has been awesome and deeply appreciated!



May 1st - Head On



April 14 Head On






May 1 From the Side















April 14

















April 6


No comments:

Post a Comment