Friday, April 2, 2010

Bandage is off!

Just took the bandage off, and of course, we took pictures. I actually have side by side comparisons of what it looks like today, versus the incision made last time, May 16, 2003.

April 2nd, 2010 (1 day after surgery)


















May 20, 2003 (4 days after surgery)














So the biggest visible differences are that my hair wasn't shaved, and the incision is much shorter today than it was back in 2003. The surgeon used a minimally invasive technique which is much popular now. To me it looks fantastic. I still cannot believe this is all over and behind me now! All I have to look forward to is some recuperation (which I'm not doing well with, I do not know how to sit still), and then it's on to my activation.
I also took my first bath today, and it's my first bath ever in our condo :) Mr. Bubbles accompanied me to the tub today! Alright, I have a book and some sunshine calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment