Sunday, April 4, 2010

Exhausted

It's amazing how the body recuperates after surgery. Yesterday, I was itching to move around, so we went to my parent's house, and you would have thought I had run a marathon. By the time I came home last night I could barely keep my eyes open! Was in bed by 9pm, but I slept really well, and slept until 7am! Today I get to take my first shower! I'm so excited for that shower!!

A few more pictures that I think are awesome!

Here is Dr. Smullen holding the internal device just as she's about to implant it into my ear.
Here is the gorgeous NRT responses. These responses indicate that the electrodes that are now in my inner ear (the cochlea) are now able to electrically stimulate my auditory nerve (which is what we want to see).

Here is another shot of me in post-recovery with Mandy after she nudged me awake :)

That's all I have for you folks! Have a great holiday, or great weekend, whatever you happen to be celebrating right about now!

No comments:

Post a Comment