Sunday, April 11, 2010

Last Day!

I go back to work tomorrow so today's the last day of my stay at home recuperation. I'm looking forward to getting back to work, however, I'm still anxious to do it without a hearing aid. Should be fine though. So it's funny... now that I have had this week off I have adjusted to not having the hearing aid.

I've done a lot of different things with various people, and a lot of people have commented that they feel I don't do any different now, without the hearing aid, than I did before. This discussion came up yesterday before attending my aunt's wedding. There were to be 80 people in a noisy room (with a DJ), so I was just sort've taking it all in. In actuality, I really don't think I noticed the hearing aid being gone. The music didn't sound any different, and could still recognize the songs as they came on (Play that funky music, white boy!). So at this point, I think I'm more content/okay with the fact that the hearing aid is gone. I'm definitely glad I have had this time off though to adjust to that so that when I do head to work tomorrow, I have had a change to adjust to using my CI only.

Anyhow, on the flip side, everyone noticed and commented on how good I looked. This week i'm flirting with the 40 pounds lost mark! It's insane! There was a photographer at the wedding, so we took new family photos. I cannot wait to see how they turned out!

Have a good weekend everyone, and enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment