Friday, April 9, 2010

A week and a day...

...since surgery! It's amazing how time how flown by! So I waited for a week and a day to update this because today was my post-op with Dr. Smullen. It was wonderful to see her again. I had butterflies, and I'm not sure why. It's not like it'll be my fault if I didn't heal well or something? However, everything went swimmingly. She said my incision site is healing well, and that while my ear is slightly extended, it will pull itself back toward my head within a few weeks when the swelling goes down. Overall, I have very minimal pain. I am relatively pain free. I get moments where I feel a quick "pin-prick" sensation in my middle ear, this is due to the blood that is still in the middle ear space. I have minimal popping now, and virtually no tinnitus. I no longer have to use bacitracin on the incision, and the stitches have started to fall out (they can fall out just after 3 days!). So all in all, i'm doing great! I'm really excited because also in one week (April 16th) is my activation!!

Just a few pictures...
The above picture is just showing how my ear is still slightly extended from my head in comparison to the other ear (with the cochlear implant on it).


This picture is showing the incision site 8 days out. Looks great to me!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm guessing they didn't use the glue on your incision? I still have glue and stitches in mine after 20 days! I should get some bacitracin...good luck at your activation! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Post a Comment