Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Lucky!

The best part about this surgery has been all the wonderful attention! Here are some of the lovely flowers I have received! My recovery is going very well. I've been sleeping a lot. Not sure if that is because I have had surgery, or if it's because I am home. The recuperation has been fairly good. The only thing I'm experiencing now is a stiff neck on my left side, and also a pain sensation that occurs every so often in my middle ear. I don't remember ever having an ear infection, but it feels like I have one. This would make sense as the doctor told me my middle ear would be filled with fluid/blood. I am seeing her on Friday for my post-op, so I will let you know how that goes.
I also went for a walk with my mother yesterday that felt awesome. It was 4 miles over 70 minutes, so not a brisk walk by any means, but it got me out and moving. Some of you may know that I have taken to running over the past few months, so to slow down has me somewhat on edge. I'm also doing Weight Watchers, and with the surgery and emotions running high, I didn't make the best decisions with eating. However, as of this morning I'm down .2 pounds from where I was the Friday before surgery! So all in all, I'm in great shape.
I'm about to head out for a walk now to get some coffee at the local Trapelo Mobil!

No comments:

Post a Comment